Skip to main content

Fragment

Who am I?

Who am I? That's the question most of us often ask ourselves daily. The journey to that answer is never ending as I'm yet to find out myself. Do you really know yourself? If so, how? Who are you? What would be that robust definition of 'yourself' if I or anyone asked? Maybe you think you know yourself but not quite. In order to KNOW yourself, you MUST find yourself. Not sure if that makes any sense but think about it for a minute. I'm not referring to common things like favourite colour, food, etc, I mean the emotional connection you have with the soul.  How deep is it? Is it deep enough to fetch you the answers you are YET to encounter? See? so much more to that journey than you think, right?

There was a little boy who grew up angry at the world - with different emotions running through him; it was hard to stay on the road of sanity.  He went through so much pain and hurt, his feelings became numb.  Well, to some extent.  The solid walls built up around him couldn’t be broken down by Goliath himself, even if he tried. He encountered mental and physical torture on a level that can’t be described. These physical abuses often landed him in the hospital with bruises and cuts all over his body. On a day, he was badly beaten, the doctor had to separate pieces of clothing embedded in his skin. The pain continued for years and it so much feels like gasping for air, but under water. One can only imagine.

The struggle began when his mother left at him at 10 months old. He never really knew her and despite growing up with his father, their relationship was non-existent till today.  That little boy practically raised himself and had no choice but to grow up fast by surrounding himself with anyone he could trust and call his family.  He became very independent when he was shipped off to a boarding school at the age of 12, with the influence of his stepmother. Her plan was to isolate him from the rest of the family till he became distant memory. In boarding school, he quickly surrounded himself with older friends just so he could learn how to survive in the world. Although, some of these skills were contrary to God’s purpose for his life, he seemed to be doing the right thing at the time.
His friends quickly became his only family and things a boy learn from his father during the transition from a boy to a man was taught by strangers.  The transition from childhood to adulthood is the most delicate time in a young person's life but with no support and love, he still made it through.  Extremely determined to succeed, he overcame one obstacle after the other, but more stood in his way. These series of setbacks lead to contemplation of suicide! How can this little boy ever find himself in a world with all the distractions thrown at him? How can he ever make it in life with the series of setbacks? One can only imagine his pain and turmoil.

The story goes on, but that little boy is a survivor and an inspiration to many, and I have learnt a lot from him. His dedication to his dream keeps him focused and alive. This, I admire in him.  It also gives me courage to press on in life and stop taking things for granted. It has made me appreciate even the little things in life and focus on what really matters. His story has also taught me that Life is a mystery that can’t be solve but some answers lie within us when we search the soul....Oh, before I go, just one question....Do you know who that little boy is?

Comments

  1. Brotha, my dear brotha, I'm standing at the doorway of your blog with mouth wide open and jaw completely DROPPED!!! WOW, BRAVO- I'm " STANDING THE OVATION..." Did you write this? BREATHING TAKING PEICE. I would love to feature you and this work on my site- all this time and you didn't even have the nerve to tell me you WROTE...SMH lol I LOVE YOU- NEVER PUT DOWN THE PEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thank you my bro. Yes I do write but need to write more I've been told including you. Many thanks for your love and support and feel free to feature my work at anytime. We all stand for the same movement which is the way forward..Once again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely amazing with words. You just painted a masterpiece. I appreciate you dear. You've blessed me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thannx hun...Well appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deceit...

Isn't it funny how we all want a good man or woman when searching for love but don't know what to do once they come along? You come across as someone that knows what he/she wants but when deeper into the relationship, you are confused all of a sudden. That's just too pathetic and unfair to the other party if you ask me!!! If you are not ready for a relationship, why not disclose that right from get go as opposed to wasting everyone's time with your lies and deceit? Don't you think it would be much easier that way and still maintain your integrity and respect as you would have come correct? Well most people dont think that way. I remember the first conversation we had and it was magic from get go. We both knew what we wanted so decided to take things slow. Things were really good between us and I’d never felt like that about anyone in so long. You made me feel wanted and appreciated for who I am but I don’t know if all that was just a front. All I wanted was to

Bleeding heart...

Isn't it funny how we all want a good man or woman when searching for love but don't know what to do once they come along? You come across as someone that know what he/she wants but when deeper into the relationship, you are confused all of a sudden.  That's just too pathetic and unfair to the other party if you ask me!!! If you are not ready for a relationship, why not disclose that right from get go as opposed to wasting everyone's time with your lies and deceit? Don't you think it would be much easier that way and still maintain your integrity and respect as you would have come correct? Well most people dont think that way.  I remember the first conversation we had and it was magic from get go. We both knew what we wanted so decided to take things slow.  Things were really good between us and I’d never felt like that about anyone in so long. You made me feel wanted and appreciated for who I am but I don’t know if all that was just a front. All I wanted was to b